1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for part time

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Fleur ;-), Apr 20, 2012.

1. Hi all, I know there's been lots of threads about this before, so apologies first of all for possibly repeating stuff that's already been said! I'm just after a few answers and some advice.
    After my first i went back full time, i've been back about a year and a half now. I felt ok doing this at first, but am definitely thinking i want to go part time after my second - i'm due at the start of July. I'd like 4 days ideall, but am looking into whether 3 days is financially better in terms of child credits etc.
    I'm wondering how early you can apply for part time. It would make things a lot easier with Nursery if we could tell them the days - we actually got the last place for June 2013 when we booked this currently unborn baby in! Also i'm quite a control freak so i'd prefer to know; also i'll be in a better frame of mind to write the letter before the baby comes!
    Also, what requirements do you have to fulfill to apply for part time? I'm not sure how to go about it really.
    Thanks for any help [​IMG]