1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for my second teaching job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by liz_mann, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hello
    I am currently applying for my second teaching position, I have put the HT of my current school as my first reference, can I put another teacher from the same school as my second. I did my first PGCE placement in this school and know the teacher who was my mentor in my final placement has moved on?
    Not sure who to put down, please help!

Liz

2. Hello
    I am currently applying for my second teaching position, I have put the HT of my current school as my first reference, can I put another teacher from the same school as my second. I did my first PGCE placement in this school and know the teacher who was my mentor in my final placement has moved on?
    Not sure who to put down, please help!

Liz

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo and welcome, Liz.
    Yes, your current Head is right. And you can have your current HoD or KS co-ordinator or Head of Year or Deputy Head too - it doesn't matter if it's two people from the same school.
    Don't forget to go to the Welcome thread and open the shortlisting clickables and the FAQs to get the advice you need for a really first-class application. You know that competition is very fierce, with so many unemployed teachers and fewer jobs being advertised, so it's important that your application really shows your strengths.
    Best of luck!
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars and Weekend Workshops over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews.
    The next Weekend Workshop on applications is on Sunday 23rd January. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details on all of these.
    Look forward to seeing you!