1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying For My First Headship

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by sybella, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I am about to apply for my first headteacher post, which just happens to be in my own school.....any help or advice will be gratefully recieved!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

General advice - go to JobSeekers Forum, open the Welcome thread and read the Shortlisting clickables in there.
    Specific advice for internal candidate: sell yourself as though it were another school.
    So many internals undersell, because they think Well, they know what I do! That doesn't work. Both in the application and in the interview, spell it out in full.
    Very best wishes for this!

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. Thank you! I will be online on the 8th!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sybella - we have no on-line offering on the 8th . . . If you think you have booked for this, please contact Julia on advice@tes.co.uk