1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for KS2 role-Help needed!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kaboka, Nov 25, 2019.

1. kaboka

kaboka New commenter

Dear All,

I am about to apply for a KS2 teacher role. I am a primary supply teacher. However there is a catch. A couple of months ago I worked as a supply teacher for about 3 weeks in the primary school in question. I had a very positive feedback from the school and from the agency too.
    On the application form there is obviously a section regarding two references I need to provide. One of them must be the teaching agency I work for as my present employer. Could this situation cause any problems during my application process? The school undoubtedly will get in touch with my agency if I get to that stage. What could be the agency's reaction? If I were to be successful (fingers crossed!!) I don't think I need to worry much - on the other hand if I weren't... This is giving me a headache! Or am I worrying over nothing?

I look forward to your thoughts. Thank you.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well there's little you can do to avoid using them as a reference.

The only problem I could foresee, is that the School would have to pay an agency introduction fee, which may slightly influence a decision if it came down to just you and another candidate.

3. sparrow2015

sparrow2015 New commenter

I currently work for an agency but have secured myself a contract beginning in January through a school itself. I also put my agency as my current employer and there was no issue at all. From what I understand it's the agency's responsibility to find you work and so if a school on their radar has an opportunity that they haven't informed you about that's not your problem. If anything the agency may ask you which school has the vacancy and then try to negotiate a deal between themselves and the school but ultimately there's little anyone can say or do.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. kaboka

kaboka New commenter

Thank you I really appreciate your response.