1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for Jobs

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by horza, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am currently a student teacher, doing the 3yr Bsc in mathematics.
    I have found a job that I am very interseted in apllying for, I am currently writing the application letter and my CV. However on the application form there is a section about previous employment, and the question is obviously asking for which school you last worked at. How do I fill this in? Do I put in the information about my first placement? Or about both my placements? (even thought I haven't started my second one yet). Or do I leave it blank, as the application form also has a small section for NQT's about placement school. Or do I put in about my work managing a bar? I am very confused and don't want to get this wrong, as it great school and I am really glad they have a post.
    Thanks for any advice

2. Ask the school to which you're applying.
    My first thought was to icnlude your placement school, but since you then said that they have a separate section for NQTs, perhaps not.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I assume your BSC does not include QTS-Qualified Teacher Status?
    If thuis is the case then you need to be sure that the schools you apply to would consider employing a teacher without QTS. The bulk of the vacancies are for NQTs-Newly Qualified Teachers who have trained as teachers and are looking for their first post. Some schools will consider employing unqualified teachers but you should ask yourself whether you are ready for such a role. Your universit careeers service can help you with more specific advice and guidance.