1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for jobs? Your experiences?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by WilkoT, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hi,

Im a male, final year Primary QTS Trainee, and I would like to start applying for jobs now, as (fingers crossed, I graduate in 5 months).

Where should I look? Ive had a look on here but there aren't that many jobs for Primary. Im wondering how I apply to the local authorities?

Wilko

2. Hi,

Im a male, final year Primary QTS Trainee, and I would like to start applying for jobs now, as (fingers crossed, I graduate in 5 months).

Where should I look? Ive had a look on here but there aren't that many jobs for Primary. Im wondering how I apply to the local authorities?

Wilko

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Try all the local council sites, eteach, Guardian jobs and here. Some councils have a combined jobsite like www.yourcounciljobs.co.uk which covers all the Greater Manchester councils. Its great you've started looking now, there may not be many but get applying! x x

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't know about LA pools these days (years ago when I was an NQT!), but certainly look if the LAs near you run them and reading posts recently I believe these have been recruiting recently.
    As to jobs being advertised, generally Mar-Jun is 'recruiting time' generally, as people hand their notices in for either end of Feb or end of May., so you've a little time yet. Now last year the usual 'glut of jobs' simply didn't happen, but certainly I've seen more movement this last term than is usual at this time of year, so let's hope this 'trend' for movement continues.
    Keep your eye on here and LA websites.

5. Okay, thankyou for your advice, much appreciated.

May sound a daft question, but what's the normal procedure when applying for jobs? Contact the headteacher, request an application form, attach CV... and take it from there?

Wilko

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Can't say about 'pools',there's been a few threads about these recently

As far as 'ordinary' posts are concerned, you have to wait until a post is advertised. Then one contacts the school and requests furter details.Usually one then receives details of the post and a form to fill in. (In my LA there's instructions 'In the interests of fairness and equality, <u>all information</u> must be filled in on the form'.)