1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for jobs - what would you be looking for?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by misspixie9, Mar 5, 2011.

1. I'm in the process of applying for jobs as an NQT, and have sent a few applications in and been unsuccessful so far, but it's still early (and, it turns out, uni didn't have my reference ready for 2 of them!). However, I'm obviously getting something wrong somewhere in the application, so what I'm wondering is, if you were looking at an NQT, who's obviously not going to have years of teaching experience, what else would you be looking for on their application?

Thanks for any hints and tips,

Lucy

2. I'm in the process of applying for jobs as an NQT, and have sent a few applications in and been unsuccessful so far, but it's still early (and, it turns out, uni didn't have my reference ready for 2 of them!). However, I'm obviously getting something wrong somewhere in the application, so what I'm wondering is, if you were looking at an NQT, who's obviously not going to have years of teaching experience, what else would you be looking for on their application?

Thanks for any hints and tips,

Lucy