1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for jobs in Wales - job hunt

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LHOCK, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm currently completing a secondary English PGCE in England, but looking to work in a English-speaking school south Wales. I've been keeping an eye on TES jobs online and the TES paper (UK) since I started the course and am yet to see anything for Wales. I just wanted to check that Welsh jobs are advertised online. I ask as aware there's is obviously a different paper, TES Cymru, and so don't want to be missing out.

Also, if anyone has any tips for applying in Wales, and also where else to look, that would be great.

Thank you.

2. Hi all,

I'm currently completing a secondary English PGCE in England, but looking to work in a English-speaking school south Wales. I've been keeping an eye on TES jobs online and the TES paper (UK) since I started the course and am yet to see anything for Wales. I just wanted to check that Welsh jobs are advertised online. I ask as aware there's is obviously a different paper, TES Cymru, and so don't want to be missing out.

Also, if anyone has any tips for applying in Wales, and also where else to look, that would be great.

Thank you.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

A bit like my own area Wales doesn't generally have a high turnover of staff, but (presumably) as a non-Welsh speaker, at least you're not looking in North Wales.
    On this site if you put a job alert in you'll be notified of any vacancies.
    Otherwise when you go to the jobs page,
    click on the map
    click on UK
    then select Wales. (Figures in the grey circles indicate how many total posts (all subjects) posts are advertised. Not always true but possibly fairly representative, for example today shows 9 for all Wales compared to 242 for all of South East England, 88 for all of the North West etc. to give a rough idea of the difference in available posts. (If you go to LAs, in my LA, as usual, nothing.) Even if you look at South west England and consider commuting Bristol has 5, Bath & NE Somerset 6 and N Somerset just 5.