1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

applying for jobs in Europe

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by zacky, Feb 26, 2011.

1. I'm currently in my seventh year of teaching in an inner city London school. I have always wanted to teach abroad but wanted to build up my experience in the UK first and have been happy at my current school. I have recently been looking for jobs in Europe. I had an interview for one but I was unsuccessful. When I asked for feedback, I was told that my interview was strong but they had found someone more suitable for the way the school is developing at present.
    I keep looking for more jobs to apply for however a lot of them prefer candidates to have international experience. I have no knowledge of IB and did feel I'd messed up the interview I had by not researching enough as the questions were quite different from those of a London school interview.
    I would really appreciate any advice about additional things I should mention or questions I should ask to be a stronger candidate for international schools.
    Thanks,

2. I'm currently in my seventh year of teaching in an inner city London school. I have always wanted to teach abroad but wanted to build up my experience in the UK first and have been happy at my current school. I have recently been looking for jobs in Europe. I had an interview for one but I was unsuccessful. When I asked for feedback, I was told that my interview was strong but they had found someone more suitable for the way the school is developing at present.
    I keep looking for more jobs to apply for however a lot of them prefer candidates to have international experience. I have no knowledge of IB and did feel I'd messed up the interview I had by not researching enough as the questions were quite different from those of a London school interview.
    I would really appreciate any advice about additional things I should mention or questions I should ask to be a stronger candidate for international schools.
    Thanks,