1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for Jobs in England - In Wales.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MissWyburn, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hi!
    I've scoured the forums but can't find anything specific to what I need. I am currently teaching - full time - in Wales but am looking to move to England at the start of the next academic year. I trained and taught in England for a few years but have spent the last two years teaching in Wales. However, I would like to move back to England but I'm a little unsure as to what I should do about the application process. Many schools in England encourage visits before applying (which seems to rarely be the case in Wales) but obviously I can't have enough time off to visit any of the schools. (The prospective move is over 3 hours away.) What should I do about this? I'd prefer to call the school instead of emailing, but is that necessary? And if I were to call, what sorts of questions would I need to ask? I know these visits can be a huge aide for your written application so I don't want to miss out on any of the info they give, but I wouldn't know where to start with question asking!
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on it. Thank you in advance.
    J.

2. Hi!
    I've scoured the forums but can't find anything specific to what I need. I am currently teaching - full time - in Wales but am looking to move to England at the start of the next academic year. I trained and taught in England for a few years but have spent the last two years teaching in Wales. However, I would like to move back to England but I'm a little unsure as to what I should do about the application process. Many schools in England encourage visits before applying (which seems to rarely be the case in Wales) but obviously I can't have enough time off to visit any of the schools. (The prospective move is over 3 hours away.) What should I do about this? I'd prefer to call the school instead of emailing, but is that necessary? And if I were to call, what sorts of questions would I need to ask? I know these visits can be a huge aide for your written application so I don't want to miss out on any of the info they give, but I wouldn't know where to start with question asking!
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on it. Thank you in advance.
    J.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It can be tricky to find what you want, I know! Here's a thread that gives some good ideas for you.
    School visits
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.