1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for jobs abroad

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by meya, Aug 27, 2008.

1. <font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">The worst incident fork me was this week. There was a job advertised to cover maternity leave in Turkey, I wrote last week asking for the year group. I received an e-mail on Thursday last week stating that it was Year 4 and if I was still interested to send my CV and covering letter. I spent all weekend compiling an application and sent it on Monday. Today I received and e-mail ? one line ? thanking me for my application, but the post is no longer available.</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">These schools, English as well aim to promote respect, friendship, communication skills blah, blah, blah. When it comes down to it, if they don?t need you they toss you aside in the garbage and treat you in a totally opposite way to what they expect of YOU if you are successful in your application.</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">I am angry!</font>

2. Hello meya,

That does sound a very frustrating experience. It might be worth copying this post and putting it into the Teaching Overseas forum https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/64.aspx where lots of other teachers have gone through this experience.
    Cheers

Gail