1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for headship whilst in RI

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by pwarps23, Jan 18, 2016.

1. pwarps23

pwarps23 New commenter

I am a deputy head in an RI school. I have been applying for headship posts since May last year to no avail of even getting an interview. I have spoken to the local authority for interim posts but basically they said no as I was in RI. My feedback from the applications was a few things on the application form NOT in my statement? I am getting very frustrated at not getting any further and I do wonder whether governing bodies are cautious if a) I'm a deputy b) in RI

I did apply to talented leaders and got to interview stage but ofsted came and I had to back out and that window is now shut. There are few RI schools or special measure schools for which to apply as I do feel that outstanding head teachers are being selected above me. Just wondering if this is the case or am I just disillusioning myself that I can do the job?

I am now in GOOD and wondered whether people think this will help me at least obtain an interview?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm off to bed now - warmest place to be - but will reply tomorrow.

Best wishes