1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for an Actuarilly Reduced Pension

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Footyfan1, Sep 3, 2011.

1. I am 55 in November and want to take early retirement next year. This could be as early early as Easter or more realistically in the summer. When can I start to apply for an Actuarilly Reduced Pension? What is involved in the application progress? At what stage does the school have to be informed?

2. I am 55 in November and want to take early retirement next year. This could be as early early as Easter or more realistically in the summer. When can I start to apply for an Actuarilly Reduced Pension? What is involved in the application progress? At what stage does the school have to be informed?

3. Go on the Teachers Pension website and all the details are there. TP require 6 weeks to process your application but you can give them as much notice as you like and specify your retiring date. If you wish to take your pension on 1st September they like more than 6 weeks notice simply because it is such a busy time of year.