1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for a TLR

Discussion in 'Primary' started by monkeychops, May 12, 2011.

1. monkeychops

monkeychops New commenter

*not sure even

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

No, anyone can apply for a TLR. You just need to show you meet the person spec. and are better than all the other candidates.

3. monkeychops

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. monkeychops

How do you know this? It it from a government document? Thanks

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

There are plenty of TLR holders on MPS, I was a couple of years ago!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Errr because I was one and, like CarrieV says, plenty of other teachers are as well, some known to me and one in my school.

Sometimes, where I live posts are advertised as MPS with TLR as well.

If it is for an internal post, why not chat to your head and ask if s/he would consider you for the post. Pay point isn't everything in applying for posts.

7. monkeychops

Thanks. Already spoken once but was told I couldn't due to being on MPS. I didn't necessarily agree so I thought I'd check on here. I will ask again. I might have to prove myself more though!

8. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Ok, now I KNOW you are really me[​IMG]

9. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Which might just have been a nice way of saying you don't have the skills and/or experience to do the job and there is no point you applying.

Or it could be that your HT has someone in mind and doesn't want you to waste your time.
    Think about the post itself and other staff at your school. If there are people way more experienced/qualified that you then there might be no point.

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Except you can do pictures and I can't! PHEW!

11. monkeychops

Thanks. It it a long shot but I was just wondering if it was even possible to apply!