1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

applying for a promoted post

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by student1980, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Hi,

I've been teaching for 4 years in MFL and I'm applying for a second in department position. Apart from responding to the job description, is there any advice you can give about improving my supporting statement so it stands out. Also, I know it depends on the school, but what are they looking for generally?

Thanks

2. matador

matador New commenter

Highlight any responsibilities you've had so far - Have you led trips ? Have you been responsible for developing any part of the curriculum in your present post i.e writing schemes of work ? Have you been responsible for developing assessment tasks / opportunities and monitoring targets etc List any training courses you've been on and the impact this has had on your practice etc - You will probably be still asked to teach a lesson in any interview for a 2nd in dept but the assumption will be that you've got the teaching bit sorted and now they will be looking for your ability to manage things and take responsibility for things within the department other than your day to day teaching. - such responsibilites should be mentioned in the job description