1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for a post in a Church of England School

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Rowntreegirl, Apr 14, 2012.

1. If you currently attend a church then mention this - it is a relevant experience. Most applicants will have to leave this blank.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, you may not have a qualification, but you certainly have experience. Regular attendee at Matins at St David's Parish Church, Reading. Or whatever is true!
    And read this: http://www.churchofengland.org/education/church-schools-academies.aspx
    Very best of luck
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

More fool them!
    So take out of your supporting statement anything that relates to church school and put it here. Also mention things like assemblies you have done, values you hold, people you know who could come into school, taking children to churches to visit, all that sort of thing.

This is really just asking why, if all else is equal, they should appoint you to their church school and not someone else.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Actually I just remembered we had some training by a diocesan adviser last year. She said the main purpose of CofE schools is to encourage children not to be afraid to 'ask the big questions about life'. You could talk about this and how you do that in your lessons.

I liked the idea then when I had year 6, but this year, year 2 actually expect me to know the flippin answers as well!

5. Than you so much for taking the time to reply. I have found what you wrote very useful.
    I now have a clearer idea of what I could write.
    Thanks again :)