1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for a KS3 Mathematics head of year group

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by adammorris, Dec 1, 2015.

1. adammorris

adammorris New commenter

What would you advise to talk about in a 1 page letter justifying the actions you would take when you are applying for the job externally and have limited access to information from the school.
    thanks for any advice

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I don't understand the "justifying the actions you would take" part - does it mean 'what would you do if you got the job'?

All you can do is use the data (there is masses of data and information on all schools these days) available.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Plus there is a teeny weeny little problem here with us giving you the ideas.

What would you do if, on the basis of our brilliant suggestions, you were given the job? Phone-A-Friend each time you needed to know something?

You need to apply for the job as you, not as someone else. If they decide to appoint you, the real you, you will be more confident, more successful and above all happier.

It's a bit like those poor kids who are tutored to bits in years 5 and 6 to get into a top independent school. And are miserable all through their secondary years . . .

So best to sit down and think about this yourself. I expect you are a bit lacking in confidence, hence the appeal here, but if you get out a piece of paper and a pen, something will come to you, I'm sure.

Give it a try!

Best wishes