1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying at my own school...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Rhirhimajic, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Rhirhimajic

Rhirhimajic New commenter

I currently work as a long-term supply teacher in the US working with sixth formers. A job has just come up in the district. I love the district and want to have my application 'dressed to impress', so would love some advice on my cover letter. This is my 'generic' cover letter which I alter a little depending on what each job ad is asking/looking for. For this one it'll be "continue to work at your school" as opposed to "work at your school".

[This comment/image/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@Rhirhimajic , I am sorry to disappoint you over this request to help with your application.

This has been edited for a number of reasons, including the fact that it is unwise to publish your letter of application on a public website.

And, of course, it is not appropriate for me to comment on any application for posters. If I started doing this, the site would be overwhelmed!

So, as I said, I am sure that you are disappointed, and I am sorry about that.

Best wishes

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Also, what we'd recommend in the UK might not be appropriate for the US.