1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applied fieldwork...Help

Discussion in 'Geography' started by jojo36A, Jul 4, 2019.

1. jojo36A

jojo36A New commenter

Hi, I am looking for some advice, maybe a little support and definitely some guidance.
    I am an English Teacher (Six years of teaching) I have been asked to take over Geography GCSE on top of my English work due to no Geography Teacher. I am fine with most of the units, but I am totally out of my depth with the fieldwork enquiry, having never done anything like this before!
    I was supposed to be teaming up with another school, but this has now been postponed to next year.
    I am teaching WJEC and need to plan and organise the whole thing, pretty much single handed, on top of my other teaching responsibilities. I really want to get this right, for these kids who have been without a regular teacher for months, and do right by them in terms of my planning and understanding of the application and delivery of this component.
    Could anyone please help?

Many thanks,

Jo

2. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

You’re best looking for a wjec Facebook page and asking for help there. We’re edexcel do can’t help, sorry. You could look at FSC to see if they can deliver it for you.

3. SkernLodge

SkernLodge New commenter

Are you still needing help? I'm Lead Tutor in Geography Fieldwork for a study centre, happy to help.

-Tom