1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applications open for new Ofsted chief inspector

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Feb 24, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Giz a job!

3. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Whoever applies needs to have the hide of a rhino given that they're not going to have much of a fanbase!

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I already look like Wilshire

5. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

The winning candidate has probably been headhunted already. Perhaps that bureaucrat in Glasgow is hoping for an interview?

6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Tom Bennett indicated some interest.
    :)

7. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

"Nicky Morgan said that the successful candidate would ensure that Ofsted continues to raise standards in education."

Amazing how OFSTED have been raising standards at the same time as teachers have been lowering them.

Middlemarch, delnon and guinnesspuss like this.
  8. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Isn't it amazing? For the past 30 years we've had governments claiming simultaneously that they've raised standards and that standards are not good enough. You have to wonder when they might realise how daft this sounds.

9. abacus1982

abacus1982 Established commenter

Keep raising that bar. There's no limit as to how far standards can be raised. I for one certainly hope that in 30 years (when I'll probably still be 20 years from retirement) we have KS1 children writing dissertations on the politics of cold war Europe.

In this current climate of rapid progress in every single lesson, constant work scrutiny and climate walks I actually feel that my teaching has regressed from 4 years ago when my head left me alone to teach and would pop into my class when he walked past and saw me doing something interesting. My heart never stopped as he walked in and if he walked in and there wasn't a "LO" "Can I..." "I can..." "WALT..." "WILF..." "Steps to success" "WAGOLL" or whatever else on my board he didn't grill me on why not.

Middlemarch likes this.