1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application wants cv and application form????

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ele1, Jan 15, 2011.

1. I'm applying for jobs in the Independent sector and each time I requst application details they ask for a covering letter, a completed application form, and a cv.
    Why do they want a cv in addition to an application form? I feel like I'm repeating myself in the application. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Independant schools are slightly different to State schools- they can set their own criteria.
    Government advice a while back was to ask for all information to be submitted on forms for ease of comparability. So I can see why a school would ask for both, especially if you've had experience outside the school environment.
    I imagine tey would be looking for different aspects- ease of retrieval of info to compare, with a form and in your CV & letter of application, an opportunity to showcase yourself and make your application stand out from the others.