1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application structure 'Skills and Competence'

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LostSplendor, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hello!

Just a quick question I was hoping to be resolved:- The application forms for schools in a particular borough are to be filled in on a PDF file with a space of three pages for 'Skills and Competence' which states: "This section provides an opportunity to describe your skills and competence that are relevant to the position for which you are applying. You should refer to the job description and person specification, ensuring that you highlight any information that demonstrates your suitability for the position. Think carefully about how you meet the job requirements, considering your achievements and skills gained in paid and/or voluntary employment, outside interests and any other relevant activities. This information is an important part of the selection process and should be completed by both internal and external applicants. Please ensure that you limit your supporting statement to the equivalent of three A4 pages."

Would I be okay to write my personal statement here (2 pages) followed by my executive summary (1 page)? And if so, which order would be best?

Thank you!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Since they specifically say
    I would put the executive summary first, as that is explicitly linked to their requirements. Best of luck with the application!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.