1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

application - hobbies and interests

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by FluffyPinkFairy, May 10, 2008.

1. Hi there. They usually want you to write about any responsibilities you have held or anything that might mean you can do extra curricular stuff within the school. I have horses so would always mention that, but I also enjoy politics (hmmm, debate club perhaps?), netball (obvious where that might lead), reading/creative writing (again obvious where that could lead), environmental issues (eco clubs etc).

2. I always dig out the application form and read what people put as their hobbies when they are leaving for well deserved promotion years later - for some reason it always results in gales of laughter!

In 26 years of employing teachers I have never used that section of the form to make a decision - why it is there is a mystery to me!