1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application Forms - URGENT!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by benlewis13, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hi,

Do university placements (teacher training) go on the application form? More specifically do they go on in the previous employment section?

Thanks

2. Hi,

Do university placements (teacher training) go on the application form? More specifically do they go on in the previous employment section?

Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

At the stage when you are still doing PGCE, or just finished it, and have no "real" teaching jobs to put in, then I suggest that you do include them, and put them under employment.
    BUT make it pretty clear that it is TP, not actual employment.
    If you are past this stage, then they drop back into oblivion.
    Before you go much further with that urgent application, do read the advice in here:
    Dear Theo I need help!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'm sure if Theo pops along he will say a placement doesn't go under 'previous employment' as you weren't paid. Not sure where they will fit on a form, but obviously you will mention them in your application letter or statement.
    Oh, he posted same time and actually says something different. Heed HIS advice!

5. Doesn't matter if it's paid or not, imo! If it's work, relevant to the job specification and stage in the teacher's career at the point of application, why shouldn't it be mentioned under previous employment? After all, many application notes actually say explain how hobbies, work and voluntary experience make you suitable for the job.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

That's waht I said, folks!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars