1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application Forms - Reason for leaving previous job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by hollyj, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hello. I left my job after being off with long term work related stress, I knew that if I returned to that job I would just get severely stressed again. Now I'm feeling a lot better and I have started doing some supply work which I have enjoyed. I have applied for a couple of temporary jobs (dont want to start another permanent job just yet) but I am finding it difficult to know what to put in the reason for leaving box on application forms that hopefully wont put potential employers off. Any ideas gratefully received :).

2. Personally I would just put: "to explore other avenues in education and teaching."

3. Thank you for that. it does sounds really good. Up to press I have been being openly honest on applications about being off long term and then choosing not to go back as I know that they will definitely find that out at the referee stage but maybe not mentioning it initially will stop them from just putting my application in the bin?! After all your reply is true I never intended to leave teaching just that school.