1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application form question

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by F1sydney, May 6, 2012.

1. F1sydney

F1sydney New commenter

Hi, sorry if I am appearing thick here [​IMG] I am filling in this application form and have come across this

In this box please provide examples to demonstrate how your behaviours meet the essential criteria for this role
    Can someone please give me some pointers (it's a TA job).
    Thank you

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, not thick at all!
    But it's a bit confusing the way that they have worded it, so with a bit of luck some of the other applicants will just give up at this point, so you'll be left with fewer rivals. :)
    They want you to show specific examples of how you meet the criteria on the person spec or job spec that goes with this job.
    So the best thing is to do a nice neat Executive Summary here. If you have no idea what I'm talking about here, then you need to pop into the Welcome thread and open the two Shortlisting clickables.
    All will be explained!
    Best wishes

3. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Just to add...
    I live in Scotland and the councils use a central site with standardised forms for applications and there is no way to submit the exec statement. I do one anyway as the starting point for my applications to focus my mind on the school's priorities.
    Since I started doing this my strike rate for interviews has gone up from 10 to 50%.
    Well worth it...
    PS typing with baby asleep on my shoulder so sorry for any mistakes - can only see half the keyboard!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tickle that baby from me!
    I love the tinies . . .
    Best wishes

5. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Tickle completed!
    Let me know if you ever want to borrow a tiny Theo

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A tiny Theo? Got no hair either?