1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application form query

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by twinklekaz, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi, I've got an application form for a job, in the information for the applicant section it asks for a letter of application to be no more than 2 sides of A4, but in the application form there is a section called 'Skills, Abilities, Knowledge and Experience' which gives one side of A4 to complete, is this the same thing, or do I need to do both?
    Thanks

2. Hi, I've got an application form for a job, in the information for the applicant section it asks for a letter of application to be no more than 2 sides of A4, but in the application form there is a section called 'Skills, Abilities, Knowledge and Experience' which gives one side of A4 to complete, is this the same thing, or do I need to do both?
    Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there! Before you go any further in your applications, do open the Welcome thread and read the shortlisting clickables inside there - you will find them very helpful.
    For an effective application, you should send:
    • an application form with every bit filled in, no "See letter"
    • an application letter OR personal statement. Not both but certainly one of them.
    • a cover letter ONLY if you do a personal statement. See FAQs inside the Welcome thread
    • an Executive summary. If there's a space on the form, put it in there; if not, put it at the end of your letter so that it gets printed out automatically. The shortlisting clickables explain about this. It looks as though the form has room for the executive summary where they ask for Skills etc,, so put it there and then do a separate application letter.
    The Welcome thread clickables explain about an executive summary.
    Best wishes

4. Thanks for your help, the advert asks for a letter of application and a completed application form, so I shall do as you suggest and put an executive summary in where it asks for skills and the such.
    Fingers crossed, as I've been trying to get applications and letters right for a while now!
    Thanks

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Toes crossed as well!
    :)
    Best wishes