1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application form (previous) employers and multiple agencies?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by BetterNow, Jan 7, 2020.

1. BetterNow

BetterNow Occasional commenter

When filling in the application, they ask for employers. I have three I’m currently with. One, I get 95% of my work from. One something every now and then, and the third I had about 5 jobs over a year ago.

Do I fill them all in? I want to do just the main one - but do I have to do all of them? What about the one I don’t do anything for now? I’m not sure they even exist anymore.

I don’t want to fill in all the spaces on agencies I work for currently- I want to write about the schools I worked for previously. There are no gaps in my employment history because I signed up for all of the agencies at more or less the same time (I’m not bothering with the ones I signed up for, but didn’t get any work at all from).

Thank you.

2. TheOracleAtDelphi

TheOracleAtDelphi Occasional commenter

Can't you add more boxes? You are normally expected to list all previous employers since leaving school and so there is normally a line about adding extra rows or continuing on a blank piece of paper if you need more space as many people will have had more than three employers or however many lines they've given you.

3. BetterNow

It’s a PDF form that I can’t edit. I’m going to have to print it and fill it in the old fashioned way. I think there are only 4 spaces. Not sure if I’m supposed to add any?

4. TheOracleAtDelphi

Ah-k. I really don't understand why employers do that with forms...is it a teaching job? Safer Recruitment guidelines mean you normally have to give a complete life history from leaving school and I don't see how you can do that with only four spaces...

5. TheOracleAtDelphi

P.S. in that case then yes, maybe just give the main agency but list the other ones that you have worked for somewhere else especially if you have to sign a declaration

6. BetterNow

It turns out you are absolutely right. In spite of saying that 'absolutely no additional pages may be added to the form' in big, bold black ink on the front page, I’ve found the small print where it says to continue onto additional pages... thank you for your (correct) advice!

7. TheOracleAtDelphi

I wonder sometimes whether schools (and other organisations) actually want applicants given the number of ridiculous hurdles they put in the way sometimes...

BetterNow likes this.
  8. TheOracleAtDelphi

P.S. Good Luck with your application!

BetterNow likes this.