1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application form, CV and covering letter?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by chstace, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I have found my dream job to apply for but I need to complete 3 different forms--application form, a CV and a covering letter. I have just completed the application form and my CV contains all the same information! What should I put in my CV that is different ie not qualifications, employment history, interests, referees, from what I have already put in my application for? This is for an independent school, a sector where I have never worked before so any advice would be very welcome.
    Thank you in advance.

2. I have found my dream job to apply for but I need to complete 3 different forms--application form, a CV and a covering letter. I have just completed the application form and my CV contains all the same information! What should I put in my CV that is different ie not qualifications, employment history, interests, referees, from what I have already put in my application for? This is for an independent school, a sector where I have never worked before so any advice would be very welcome.
    Thank you in advance.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, in your covering letter you need to personally address why you are the <u>best person</u> for the job, so a good opportunity to do Theo's ES I would have thought.
    If all your information is duplicated on your CV, could you do a similar idea and use this as a quick summary of 'This is Me' for easy reading, in case they read that one first and 'flesh the info' out in the application? Or vice versa depending on which has the biggest space available.
    Do see what Theo suggest as he is the expert.

4. Thank you for your reply!
    The ES is the easy part! What do I put on my CV that is different from the application form?