1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

application for flex working hours, help!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sarah9, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Hi ILTW, I have just sent you a private message so please check your inbox :)
    I'm pretty sure that if the school agree to a job share, they take on the responsibility of finding/recruiting someone.
    Are you still a member of a union BTW? Because you are entitled to take a union rep to the meeting with you, who will be sure that they don't try to take advantage and that the correct procedure is followed- it's what I plan to do when the time comes even though it all sounds pretty 'formal'.
    Sarah

2. I didn't have a meeting. Gave letter to head and governors. However, I was in a good position in that I was requesting part time when redundancies were happening - meaning that unless I was made redundant he couldn't refuse it because its a part of the process that people can ask to reduce hours. If you would like a copy of my letter pm me with your email address and I will send it to you.
    x

3. Hi,
    Sorry to be cheeky, but I am in the process of writing my letter to request part time hours when I return to work and am really struggling with what to write!
    Would love to her what you wrote in your letters if you'd be willing to share?? :)
    Thanks!!