1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application employment history

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by nutrition02, Nov 9, 2019 at 10:53 AM.

1. nutrition02

nutrition02 New commenter

I had such a bad experience in my first nqt school, and left after 6 months without my nqt, I then did supply, and got a role where I then passed my nqt. However this is coming to an end soon,

I did not put the first terrible experience nqt job in my teaching employment history

As I was worried it would look bad, and now the school where I gained a role have withdrew me.
    I know this is so wrong and wished I would have been honest. just really worried now this is going to affect my teaching career because I wasn’t truthful on an application. Any useful feedback would be welcome, feeling very worried

2. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

Don't panic. Keep applying, be honest on the application form and, if necessary, in your covering letter, give a short statement explaining why you left the first school. It's probably not necessary though and if any HT wants to know, they can ask you at interview.

You got a job, so you must have had a decent reference from the school where you got your nqt, and you will receive other offers.

Learn from it, put it behind you, and find a school that's right for you.

nutrition02 likes this.
  3. nutrition02

nutrition02 New commenter

Thanks
    Yes I have learnt my lesson with this. Back to the drawing board applying and interviews.
    Just hope this doesn’t affect any other positions I may go for x