1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application confusion

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by jfhiggins1, Apr 10, 2018.

1. jfhiggins1

jfhiggins1 New commenter

I am an NQT that has recently left my post early due to issues with support. I am being allowed 2 terms to complete my NQT year elsewhere.
    I’m filling in applications for jobs with a September start and I am unsure if I should mention it in my personal statement. If so, how do I word my leaving early?

I have already put that I am looking forward to completing the rest of my NQT year.

Thanks in Advance

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I wouldn't write anything about it at all.
    It will be obvious from your employment dates that you have only completed one term, so the school can work out you have two more to complete.

Just sell yourself via your skills and abilities, carefully matched to the person spec, and be positive.
    Good luck and hope it works out well for you.
    Hopefully only in the very last sentence as part of 'I look forward to telling you more at interview and to completing my NQT year at XYZ school'.

3. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Just don't write anything contrary to what your last school wrote in any interim reports, as the new school will have access to them once you take-up a position...