1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application Advice

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tee-jay24, Jan 7, 2019.

1. tee-jay24

tee-jay24 New commenter

I am currently in the process of applying for my first permanent teaching post. I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with.
    1. Is the supporting statement (where I address the person spec) the long part of the application at the end, or something else?
    2. Do I also need a cover letter if I'm sending the application via email? What do I write in this?
    3. Do I need to sign and attach all of the bits like the job description and dbs information to the email?
    4. I've been on supply for the past year, so not done any professional development. Recent professional development is on the person spec. Is it still worth applying for? What is the best thing to write/do to address this?
    5. Do i divide the supporting statement into sections based on the person spec? Do I title the sections? What about points that cover 2 areas?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Hi there is also a post on NEW Teachers and Student teacher to help getting your first post. Look also at Prospects.ac.uk for advice

Lara mfl 05 likes this.