1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Application Advice

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by dtgi, Feb 9, 2011.

1. I'd send your application asap, and mention the forthcoming experience.

2. I agree, like yourself I hadn't yet started my work experience in schools when I applied. I mentioned what I was going to be doing and wrote about what I hoped to learn from it, eg gain insight into various teaching/assessment methods, observe how teachers interact with young people, staff and parents, how to deal with challenging behaviour and about my own skills and how these can be used in the classroom.
    Good luck!

3. I would speak to your first choice University before you do anything. I asked a similar question back in November and was told that, whilst it was good to get my application in as soon as possible, there was absolutely no point in me applying without experience. But that was specific to that University. Yours will be able to tell you what they expect and, although they probably won't be able to tell you exactly, they will be able to give you an idea of how much longer you have before they stop accepting applications. It would be silly to make the wrong decision and jeopardise your chances of a place for the sake of not making a phone call to the people who can actually answer your question!