1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Apple education discount

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tpt51, Feb 23, 2011.

1. tpt51

tpt51 New commenter

I am looking to buy a new Mac laptop and found on the Apple website that teachers can get a discount. Has anyone used this before? Is it available in store? What ID do you need? How good is the discount they offer?

A lot of questions I realise but any help would be appreciated.

2. tpt51

tpt51 New commenter

I am looking to buy a new Mac laptop and found on the Apple website that teachers can get a discount. Has anyone used this before? Is it available in store? What ID do you need? How good is the discount they offer?

A lot of questions I realise but any help would be appreciated.

3. When I bought my Mac about four years ago, I showed a payslip to prove that I was a teacher. I bought mine from the Regent Street store in London and was served by a young man who didn't seem too bothered about making serious checks in order to give me the discount. I think the discount is about 10% but I was also able to get Microsoft Office Education edition at a good price.

Hope that helps.

4. I took my payslip and my GTC card.

5. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

I ordered mine online and just had to fill in a box with the name of the school I worked at.

6. I got mine online and just had to state which school I worked in.
    I can't remember the discount - have just tried to check on the website but the store is being updated. Think there's new products coming out soon, so might be worth waiting before you buy a new one.

7. If you teach at primary level the discount is 6%. It increase if you are in further or higer education - not sure why I just took a payslip in. You don't get any discount on software.