1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Appearing at a sky near you..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by magic surf bus, Mar 26, 2012.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The Moon, Venus, and Jupiter in conjunction this evening - worth a peek:

[​IMG]

2. I see it! It's marvellous. :)

3. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Same here.
    Thanks all for letting me know what it is I've been admiring!

The sky is extremely beautiful tonight, even in my light polluted area.

4. My daughter is out there right now looking at it through her telescope for her astronomy coursework! She says Mars was out the other day, didn't mention it at the time, so maybe this is a regular occurrence.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Amazing, so clear, looked wonderful when I was out with the dog.

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

cloudy here!

7. I saw it by mistake (I had seen your post MSB, but promptly forgot about it) and it was truly wondrous. It was exactly as in the picture. I went to have another look later on and the bottom one (Venus?) had gone. Breath-taking, thanks!

8. I saw it as I was taking rubbish out and didn't realise what it was until I saw it on the news.
    Beautiful!

9. Last night was crystal as well.
    It's also sort of cosy ......... all of us, miles apart..... all looking at the same thing.

10. I've been watching and talking about it for the last few weeks. I haven't seen either Mars or Mercury though, which have also been visible this month. I can't recall seeing the sky this clear before.

11. Wow - thanks for pointing that out.

I did notice Venus earlier in the week but didn't know that's what I was looking at.