1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Appeal to Lower PAN

Discussion in 'Governors' started by JeaK, May 8, 2015.

1. Hi Does anyone have any experience of the actual process/interview that occurs when a PAN appeal goes to the school adjudicator? Any help greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Sorry, no personal experience of it. Have you looked at the Office of the School Adjudicator website? They may say something about procedure, although I haven't checked. Or give case summaries of previous decisions that might be helpful. Do they actually hold face-to-face meetings/interviews, or is it all done by written submissions? Just asking the question, I don't know the answer. I believe there are very few appeals to Adjudicator on lowering PAN.

You could try posting the question on the UK Governors Forum, it has more governor activity than here

forums.ukgovernors.org.uk

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Sorry, don't know why I thought it was about lowering PAN. Can you clarify background? Are you a GB in an LA Community school objecting to something the LA is proposing?

4. montiagh

montiagh New commenter

The header does say 'Appeal to lower Pan'.

I suspect as RW says this is fairly unique. You could look at their decisions at the link below to see if something is similar.

You could also contact the OSA and ask them.

Office of the Schools Adjudicator

Bishopsgate House

Feethams

Darlington

DL1 5QE

Email osa.team@osa.gsi.gov.uk

Telephone: 01325 340402

www.gov.uk/.../publications

5. Thank you very much

I have posted on UK governors to see if anyone out there knows the answer. We have a PAN of 50 which we never fill in September so want to reduce to 30 to stop the LA forcing us to take pupils. Also to allow us to recruit on a permanent basis not year by year as we never know class sizes till the last minute!