1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Appalling news from Oz

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jonntyboy, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

I don't think that this sort of thing will happen in the UK, but people in Oz are becoming worried. Apparently there is a hard-left governor in Victoria with a bit of a Stalin complex... I don't think any democracy-supporting person could watch these and not be moved to anger...

but at least they are investigating the last one...

2. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

It's probably better not to engage with them. Maybe just shoot them from a distance?

Personally, I'd have it that everyone has to watch Survivors (1975).

I'm only glad that not everyone is watching Survivors (1975) because they would all then know the techniques and there will be less chance for us when the time comes. And, it won't be long.

Nanny Ogg and nomad like this.
  3. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Once Government removes a freedom, it is rarely returned.

Laphroig and agathamorse like this.
  4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

That obviously explains the Melbourne policy of turning right from the left lane!

Morninglover likes this.
  5. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

Surely, per your other thread, people should "just comply"? Curious how lack of compliance with the law is justification for shooting black people but not justification for arresting white people. There's a word for that, I think, just on the tip of my tongue...

6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

They are lawbreaking conspiracy theorists, idiot 5G and antivaxxers, etc putting the public at risk by inciting people to attend an unlawful event where violence against the police was expected from some of the protestors. They break the law and get arrested, so what?
    You posted a video yesterday urging people to comply with instructions from the police, now you post one urging non compliance.

7. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Lol

This OP is hilarious.

The contrast to his other posts has already been pointed out.

8. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Fortunately only 500 of these conspiracy theory loons turned up at the social media incited illegal event in Melbourne. They still managed to assault police officers and damage property though and cost the city a lot of money in security and wasted police time.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    ajrowing likes this.
  9. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Only those which he regards of as being "centrist/ right" so France's Front Nationale - or what ever they call themselves these days, Trump's USA. This one he considers to be left wing- obviously the Victoria leaders were installed through an unpopular revolution rather than democratically elected.

lunarita and ajrowing like this.
  10. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The laws and regulations of democratically elected left wing governments, like Victoria and Great Britain on Covid, 5G and vaccinations are obviously stupid and should not be complied with. Instructions from Police enforcing those stupid laws should not be complied with.

ajrowing and Burndenpark like this.
  11. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Occasional commenter

I finished watching this on Monday - just in time for work. I’m going to see if I can find the new one on YouTube. I rather enjoyed it but it was very middle class. I wanted to find out what happened to Abbie but it didn’t really say.

12. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

A trifle excessive on the part of the police, but the person filming could have handled the situation better. We should all be wary when the police use excessive force in enforcing the law, regardless of who is in charge of the country and who is being arrested.

agathamorse and burajda like this.
  13. burajda

burajda Star commenter

What evidence is there that the Governor of Victoria is hard left as you claim? And who appointed this alleged communist?

ajrowing likes this.
  14. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

The 'Governor' of Victoria? 'Hard-left'?

You mean: Linda Dessau AC? See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Dessau

The Governor is the Queen's representative. Perhaps you should speak to Her Majesty over this appointment?

burajda and ajrowing like this.
  15. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Who's a holocaust denier? You may not feel comfortable naming them but if its true they will surely come forward to state it in response to my question here.

16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The thread creator has expressed views in this thread that constitute holocaust denial.

17. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Has it been removed or is it in one of the vids posted? I've not watched all the vids, I've not been willing to spend my time doing that this weekend.

18. George_Randle

George_Randle Senior commenter

A bit like John Wyndham's science-fiction novels, where the angels of the apocalypse speak cut-glass RP: Good heavens darling, it's a triffid! We had better make ourselves scarce.

Nanny Ogg likes this.
  19. Burndenpark

He did restate his views on Friday, I'm not sure it was on this thread, here's the original:
    On Friday he said the figures were out by 2 million, not sure now either in which direction (he was too shy to say) or which thread,. He slithered from which ever hole he'd been hiding in for the last 3 weeks and hit several.

ajrowing and Scintillant like this.
  20. Burndenpark

The search function works, but having a good memory so that you can tell it what to look for helps: