1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

APP writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wera6, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Wera6

Wera6 New commenter

There used to be guidelines which showed which areas/statements needed to be achieved to support an assessment of 'low' and 'secure' , and then so long as the child was working towards something in the next level up, they could be said to be 'high'. But I have no idea where those guidelines are now that the National Strategies site has had everything to do with APP archived.

2. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

We say "best fit", so personally, if this child has nothing from level 5, I would say they are a 4b. They'd have to be showing some level 5 elements to be a 4a.
    The sublevels were never given to us though, were they? Someone just took them out of the different levels and now we have to spend hours figuring out whether a child is an a or a b. It drives me mad sometimes!

3. If you put 'Making a level judgement in writing' into Google it will give you link to the document you need, as there is a specific criteria to use for writing.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I always think they need to have everything from a level to be able to get the next one up. Then a few of the next one up gives them c, approx half gives them b and almost all or all gives them a.