1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

APP - what is it?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Petite Joueuse, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I've been told that "APP should be embedded" in my Year 8 SOWs for September.

Could someone please explain to me (in simple terms) what this means in practice?
    merci, PJ

2. Dunno. "App" to me = "application", i.e. a computer program or iPhone app.
    Graham

3. If only it were so simple - I could easily embed apps in mySOWs!! Do it all the time.
    No, it is something to do with "assessing pupil progress", but, eh, excuse me, don't we do that already??

4. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

From what I hear, APP is something that will be scrapped by the new government

5. mpc

mpc

I believe it was originally introduced as a way of tracking student progress in core subjects which had previously been monitored via externally marked KS3 SATs. It seems to consist of printing off lots of nice sheets you can highlight as you go along...
    Not done in MFL in anywhere I know of... (because we already do it!)

6. PierreImport

PierreImport Administrator

What does LOL mean?

7. It's LOB, Pierre.Load of Bowlocks

8. Isn't it something that you do behind a tree ?

9. Has anybody heard anything about APPs recently ? I thought it had been scrapped but this morning our SMT has told us to start using it (and we have a grid produced by QCDA). Could anybody please point me in the right direction to find the correct information ? Thank you.

10. slick

slick New commenter

Can anyone enlighten me also if this needs to be implmented. I thought it was not going ahead for Foundation Subjects and am in the middle of working on it.

11. I have some level ladders which might be helpful but am not aware of any APP as such being compulsory. Let me know if you want to look at them to save you work.

12. slick

slick New commenter