1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

APP in Reception?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hyssop_puppy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I would like to know if any other Reception teachers out there are expected to complete APP highlighted sheets to send up to Y1.
    I want all the ammunition I can get before I put my foot down and say "No more!"

2. Do you have children working at a level 1 in your class?

3. dbu

dbu New commenter

we do especially as alot of the children achieve aspects of level one in reading writing and maths by achieving some of the profile points.
    in fact it annoys me as unless our eyfs children do these things independantly we can't say they have achieved the profile point but once on NC level 1 says with support!! therefore harder to get profile points than Level 1 in writing. crazy!!!

4. No, no, and thrice, no! These children aren't working within theNC but in the EYFS. St&ff 'em. There's enuf paper work to do, your year 1 teacher will have to start her APP on her own in September. We have enuf to do compiling the wretched profiles for every child without doing A bluddy P too.