1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

APP in RE

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by rubysoho79, May 18, 2011.

1. rubysoho79

rubysoho79 New commenter

My performance management is to introduce APP into RE - but my brain hurts just thinking about it, as I have had very little information about it. Can anyone give me the dummies guide to APP and examples of how you implement it in your department? I think I am expected to have very obvious documents in their books to show the progress - but not sure how to go about it all!

Thank you

2. APP hasn't been intoduced into RE - it was put on the back burner - no way would I have had that as my PM target!

3. Sorry, on a more helpful note - I woud imagine you would find it difficult to find help as there is not alot out there. I know Deborah Weston from NATRE did some pioneer stuff on it when it was looking ike coming in - might be worht sendng her a message via Facebook?

4. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

5. Just been on RE today course relating to APP in RE. There is criteria and examples on QCA website that were developed by Lat Blaylock and the lady mentioned above. The guidance is practical and if you get in touch with people at RE today i have no doubt they will do what they can to support you.

6. Just been on RE today course relating to APP in RE. There is criteria and examples on QCA website that were developed by Lat Blaylock and the lady mentioned above. The guidance is practical and if you get in touch with people at RE today i have no doubt they will do what they can to support you

7. Hasn't APP been scrapped with the new Gov.?

8. My understanding is that it is not being made compulsory by the new government but they still published the guidance and research because they believe it is of value. If nothing else it can make using the 8 level scale easier and it incorporates PLTS.

9. Sorry only just read this message. Have you looked at NATRE site and their informmation written up for RE by Deborah Weston and Lat Blaycock? It's clear and helpful,
    Hope you did alright on the performance managements> Sirely there should be someone that is training staff?