1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

APP for KS3 Flash Animation project

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by reddhedd, Feb 17, 2012.

1. reddhedd

reddhedd New commenter

I am writing a Scheme of work for a year 8 Flash animation project, but struggling to find how to assess the students work. We usually use the APP (pupil speak) grid when marking ICT work at KS3, but I cannot find any criteria that relates to Flash animation (or similar). Does anyone have any links or anything that would help? Any criteria that relates to levels 3-7.
    We have never delivered an animation unit at year 8 before, only as part of the OCR Nationals at KS4. The project will be a basic intriduction to Flash, using the drawing tools, frame-by-frame animation, motion tween, shape tween. No action script or likewise involved at this stage.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. reddhedd

reddhedd New commenter

I am writing a Scheme of work for a year 8 Flash animation project, but struggling to find how to assess the students work. We usually use the APP (pupil speak) grid when marking ICT work at KS3, but I cannot find any criteria that relates to Flash animation (or similar). Does anyone have any links or anything that would help? Any criteria that relates to levels 3-7.
    We have never delivered an animation unit at year 8 before, only as part of the OCR Nationals at KS4. The project will be a basic intriduction to Flash, using the drawing tools, frame-by-frame animation, motion tween, shape tween. No action script or likewise involved at this stage.
    Many thanks in advance.

3. LinW2010

LinW2010 New commenter

At a rough glance: planning, evaluation, present information suited to audience, sequencing (at a push!). Depends if you want to add in some simple actionscript (even stop(), play(), gotoAndPlay() etc). Mainly give them a purpose for their animation (we did animated adverts promoting healthy eating/anti-bullying, anti-smoking, esafety etc) and then see how well they plan out and create their animation, maybe encouraging them to figure out how to do extras (identify and select information, appropriate search criteria...). If you use moodle, add a forum and encourage them to share ideas and techniques (use ICT to collaborate and communicate...)?
    Really depends how much theory/planning you want to cover: investigate how flash is used on the web, plan structured solutions with combination of tools and techniques...
    I'm looking at the APP grids here.