1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

APP Anyone?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by wayout, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Have posted on English too. New head wants APP folders for everyone- does anyone use APP?! Last 3 schools I worked in they did not... is HT is out of touch?
    cheers

2. Hello,
    Have posted on English too. New head wants APP folders for everyone- does anyone use APP?! Last 3 schools I worked in they did not... is HT is out of touch?
    cheers

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I can see the rational behind APP but it was never statutory which is why you may not have been a recipient as part of school policy,

4. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

The problem with some heads is they need to be told to instigate good
    practice. If it isn't statutory they don't do it; sometimes for fear of making
    teachers do extra work.

Now you're at a better school than your previous ones, take opportunities
    to improve your teaching.

5. APP is hopeless. In my subject it appeared designed to show progress whether any had been made or not and created an inordinate amount of work for me. Avoid it like the plague. Any head who thinks it's either a smart idea or even remotely worthwhile is also to be avoided.

6. Are you seriously suggesting that a school that insists on APP is better than a school that rejects this nonsense?

7. I don't want my own children levelled against evidenced gathered for another child. Useless for telling me what a child needs to do to move to the next sublevel.