1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Apologies

Discussion in 'Education news' started by CaptGrimesRetd, Aug 12, 2020.

1. CaptGrimesRetd

CaptGrimesRetd Occasional commenter

Nick Gibb, the Schools Minister:

"We apologise to nobody for finding solutions – even at the eleventh hour – to stop any student being disadvantaged by this system."

Considering the chaos and carnage of the system's meltdown all around him, I wondered for what, exactly, Mr Gibb might one day apologise.

ATfan, Catgirl1964 and bessiesmith2 like this.
  2. CaptGrimesRetd

Gavin Williamson, the Education Secretary:

"... I apologise to every single child right across the country for the disruption that they've had to suffer."

Will Mr Gibb now apologise for not apologising?

It would be a farce if it wasn't so sad.

colacao17, ATfan, Catgirl1964 and 3 others like this.
  3. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Slap ‘em all on capability, that’s what I say....MASSIVE BUNCH OF DROOLING BUFFOONS! Look at then all. Gibb. Gav. Great-Uncle Damien. I wouldn’t gjve them a half day night shift job in the Sports Direct stock room. Which is, I fear, where they think they are working. Blundering twits.

4. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

It is tragically sad and remains simultaneously farcical. Awful.

5. CaptGrimesRetd

Nick "We apologise to nobody" Gibb now in charge of Gold Command, whatever that might be.

A little like Vlad the Impaler being put in charge of the blood transfusion service.

ATfan and Dorsetdreams like this.
  6. CaptGrimesRetd

Now Nick "We apologise to nobody" Gibb is in charge of the old Command, whatever that might be.

A little like Vlad the Impaler being in charge of the blood transfusion service?

In the words of Maurice Chevalier, "I'm glad I'm not young anymore".

7. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

ROFL! So true! Are there any game websites as was the case with Gove? That was the only thing I liked about him being education secretary. :) The website in question was brilliant for catharsis! :)

8. CaptGrimesRetd

If you happen to have any spare cash, perhaps a wager on Jeremy Hunt as the next Education Secretary might be worthwhile.