1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AP1, AP2 and AP3 - application asking me to declare - i dont want to!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by flybe, Jun 26, 2011.

1. flybe

flybe New commenter

Dear Theo, or anybody else who can help.... An application form is asking for details from each review of my PGCE......Do I have to to declare these results? I had a serious breakdown in my mentor relationship and I never threatened to go above and beyond Satisfactory for AP2 and AP3. I do not wish to declare these outcomes as I know it will prejudice my application. Can I effectively blag these results or will my reference from my University or indeed the mentor be obliged to declare these results. Many Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, you could leave this empty, but they will wonder why, and may well, if there are large numbers of applicants, de-select you on this.
    Not quite sure what you mean by this?
    A con, a 'scam'.

To lie, or use clever talk with profit as an objective, to wheedle or persuade for gain.

To gain, usually entrance to a restricted area or club, or some material
    good, through confidence trickery or cheekiness. Lying is also
    acceptable. convince another person that all the stuff you just made up is in fact true and worthy

<table id="entries"><tr></tr><tr>
    <td class="text" colspan="2" id="entry_148240"> </td></tr></table>Surely you don't mean that you would lie and say that they were good when they weren't?
    Perhaps you do, if you are concerned that they might give the game away?
    No, surely not - you have read about people being jailed for gaining pecuniary advantage by deception? That is, claiming falsely in their applications, being appointed as a result of this, and subsequently being found out.
    Honesty is the only safe policy, as I am sure that you know, really.
    So be honest, give the true results, then mention briefly (don't make a meal out of it) your reasons for these disappointing results in your letter.
    Or don't apply for a job that asks for this information.
    Good luck.
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.