1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anything wacky for storytelling week?!

Discussion in 'English' started by siaranj, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hi, I have planned a storytelling week at my school for the past fews years and now need some inspiration. I need something new, wow and different. I have had authors/storytellers come in, children dressing up, buddy reading and teacher's swapping classes. Can anyone share an idea they have used please. Thanks

2. Hi, I have planned a storytelling week at my school for the past fews years and now need some inspiration. I need something new, wow and different. I have had authors/storytellers come in, children dressing up, buddy reading and teacher's swapping classes. Can anyone share an idea they have used please. Thanks

3. How about using Treasure Boxes, decorated and filled according to a theme. Do them individually or in groups. Then use them as inspiration for the children to make up their own stories. See www.makingupstories.co.uk for more info. Have fun - Alison