1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone work with "School under siege"?

Discussion in 'English' started by tafkam, Jul 14, 2008.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'm trying to track down the resources for this unit of work that I think was from an Oxford text. It must be nearly 10 years since I last used it, but remember enjoying working with it.

Does anybody still use it? Does anybody still have the text it came in?

2. tafkam

I'm trying to track down the resources for this unit of work that I think was from an Oxford text. It must be nearly 10 years since I last used it, but remember enjoying working with it.

Does anybody still use it? Does anybody still have the text it came in?

3. cheerysocks

cheerysocks New commenter

was a nate thing i think

4. Yes, I think I have it somewhere but I am not sure where and I would not be able to access it for you for a while. It does work well, as did the 'Accident on a school trip' from and Oxford book with Year 7. 'Escape from Kraznir' is also a good one, especially with boys. Oh, the golden oldies.

5. I've got the booklet in school - it was from the days of ILEA- but I'm on holiday now. I will be going in at some point, though, so could get and (dare I say it?) copy it for you if it's no longer available. I did it when I was a new teacher. I was ill for a day and during that time some kids in my class did the overheard conversation section about 2 of my colleagues. One was covering, saw the work, decided I was inciting riot and sent me to Coventry for the rest of term. Teach me to be ill!

6. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I've got it in front of me now - it's an English and media centre publictaion. I don't know if you can still get hold of it though.

7. tafkam

It does seem to have disappeared from sale - but then I suppose it is VERY old.

If anyone would be willing to copy it, or somehow get it to me, I'd be more than happy to cover costs!

tafkam.tes@googlemail.com if it's easier.
    Thanks

8. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I've just emailed you - I can copy it if you like.

9. tafkam

Thank you sleepyhead!

10. Hi I've just seen this post whilst trying to find this scheme - is there any chance you could forward it on to me? As you said I can cover costs - would really appreciate it!

11. I have been trying to find my old copy...can anyone mail me or send a copy...I will send a SAE to you...