1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone with New Directions and teaching in Wales and England?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hol75, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Has anyone used New Directions Supply agency? I just wondered what they are like. Also I live near North Wales and would like to do supply in that area. I found out that I have to register with GTC Wales and pay for a CRB check even though I am registered with GTC England. Has anyone had the same issue? Do we have to register with GTC?
    Thanks!

2. Has anyone used New Directions Supply agency? I just wondered what they are like. Also I live near North Wales and would like to do supply in that area. I found out that I have to register with GTC Wales and pay for a CRB check even though I am registered with GTC England. Has anyone had the same issue? Do we have to register with GTC?
    Thanks!

3. You also need to speak Welsh.

4. Not in my experience ,I ve found other teachers in Flintshire, Denbighshire who don't speak Welsh. Some schools obviously expect Welsh speakers but not all

5. Yes I guess there are some holdouts but its spreading and its part of the welsh education agenda from my experience 12 years teaching in North Wales

6. Do you teach in England too or just North Wales?