1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

anyone with knowledge of bones?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by kangaroo.poop, Feb 10, 2011.

1. so on chistmas eve i broke my ankle breaking both my tib and fib. i have 2 screws that go upwards on the inside of my ankle and 2 screws that go across the outer ankle bone.
    it is still in a cast but i may be getting this off next week. i can wriggle and bend my toes and lift them up and down, pushing my heal against the bottom of the cast. i can partly twist and stretch the muscles left and right. i'm doing this on the groups that i kept getting a cramp and was told to excercise whatever i can to stop this feeling.
    recently i get a feeling on the outside of my ankle like when you move or bend, just before it goes click. is this bending/clicking feeling a tendo, ligament or bone thing?
    i am not in any pain anymore. have i overdone the streching? i assume if i had overdone it i would feel some kind of pain.
    i am due at the hospital and really want it to have healed. is there anything i can do to improve my chances?

2. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

This is something you really need to be talking to your physio or doc/sugeon about.
    Although many Phys Ed bods will have a fairly extensive understanding of anatomy plus maybe have experienced similar injuries themselves, it will not give you the definite answer you seem to be asking for.
    In my experience, I have found docs and physios actually like having detailed conversations with knowledgeable patients and will go the extra mile to explain and discuss things in detail.
    Just make sure you know exactly what it is you want to ask and to get answers to, and fire away once you are there.
    If you don't feel like your q's have been answered sufficiently by the doc/physio, ask again.
    You might also want to take a small notepad/pen because, again in my experience, once you have left the hospital you may not rememebr everything as clearly.
    Hope this advice helps

3. thanks you are right, they often tell you and what they say is pleasing and then you forget or add your own spin on it!